The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't forget the deoderant and other randomness

Well we are off to Armpit tomorrow afternoon. I am so excited! We are officially going to celebrate my cousin Ryan's 18th birthday but, truth be told, the Allen clan would use any excuse to head up North. For those of you who are blissfully unaware of the Wisconsin terminology Up North is above Milwaukee and Down South is below Milwaukee.

I purchased Off Deep Woods Outdoorsman 95% Deet bug spray for myself to (hopefully) avoid coming home as one giant, swollen mosquito bite. The extent of my packing has been bringing the Louis Vuitton duffle bag down from the top shelf and putting it on the bed, clearly playing on the computer and downloading music to the Ipod is more important than making sure that we have clean clothes for the weekend. I have my priorities people!

Actually, I am about to make a list of everything that we need and then all I have to do is throw it all in the bag. I probably don't need to write a list considering that we are only going for the weekend but I just bought a bunch of really cute steno notebooks and I have been waiting for a reason to break one in. A good list seems like the perfect excuse! I am a list person, I love me a good To Do list! I have a problem really doing the items on it but writing it out is pure joy. Also, grocery lists. Those have made me the brunt of many jokes. You see, I cannot simply scratch something out if I make a mistake on my list. I have to rewrite the entire thing. And if I stop in the middle, when I come back to it I have to use the exact same pen and the exact same amount of pressure b/c if you can tell where I stopped I will have to start over. Also, if Josh wants to add something to a list, he either has to tell it to me so that I can write it correctly or he has to write it on a seperate piece of paper for me to then transfer to the list.

Oooh that reminds me, I have some really great grocery shopping tips that are list related but that is a whole 'nother post. So now that I have given you some insight into my special brand of crazy, I am off to write my list in my super cute green composition notebook. This notebook makes me want to draw flowers in colored pens and write Shanna Pitt hundreds of times in different variations.

Armpit Weekend Packing List:
1) Cute clothes that are appropriate for lounging and bonfires
2) Sneakers
3) Jack crap
4) Deoderant

1 comment:

Espresso Mom said...

Oh, Shanna. You crack my shit up.