The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Power of Caffeine Is Strong

So it is 4:45 and I leave the office at 5:15. For the last couple of hours I have been resisting the urge to dash out for a quick Starbucks run. I have now accomplished 1/25 of the work I normally do and have yawned 2,456,987 times (just typing that makes me yawn!). I am desperately trying to justify the 5 minute drive to Starbucks, the 10 wait in Starbucks and the 5 minute drive back. It is logical, right? 30 minutes more totally justifies a 20 minute Starbucks run, right? RIGHT?? I am really in need of a Carmel Frappaccino right now, so cool and refreshing, just enough caffeine to get through the night, just enough drive time to make the rest of the work day go by quickly... I can almost taste it. The whip cream with carmel dripped into it is calling my name!

Ugh, it is already 4:55 and I didn't factor in the rush hour traffic that plagues our town. My coffee needs will just have to wait. The kicker is that I have a free coffee coupon!! Maybe they won't notice if I leave early... it really would be sinful to waste that coupon. I feel so parched, what if I am dehydrated? It would be irresponsible to not get something to drink. I wouldn't want to become dizzy while driving Jack home. I would be doing it for the safety of my son. Really, I swear!

2 comments:

Espresso Mom said...

Next time you have the urge for a 'Bucks run, can't you take an extra five minutes and run me down a frapp, too?!

Anonymous said...

Your tired from the weekend Shan, but Id check the calories in that baby. Could be up to 500 or more..What you need is sleep...I went in at 7.30 last night and slept till 6.30 this morning. If I truly cannot resist the capichino, they now have a low fat one that tastes great. I indulge now and then....Health baby...health....grammi