The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

To Chop or Not To Chop...

Okay, so I am really sick of my hair. I have had one haircut recently that I love, love, loved but then I was unable to replicate that same "OMG! this looks awesome!" feeling. I absolutely love Carrie Bradshaws short curly bob in Sex & the City (season 5ish?) and I also love Victoria Beckhams super cute sleek bob. However, I need to be realistic. My junior stylist at Mario probably cannot create these exact styles, nor would they look as good on a round mom as they do on the celebs. In that same respect I dread ending up with classic "mom" hair. I do not want people to look at my hair and think, "oh, she did that b/c it is easy" I want them to think "wow, that mom looks so put together and hot!!" Is this too much to ask?!


So, I have found a couple examples that I think are local salon do-able, easy enough to replicate at home and I might be able to pull them off.



I think I could accomplish both styles with the same haircut. The curly version seems like it would be great for work days when I only have limited time to get ready. And the straight style could be v.v. vampy for date night and such.

So... should I do it?? I need feedback asap. I am sure that you are all aware of my psycho need to "do it now!!" Once I start thinking about something, planning something, I have to figure it out and do it immediately. I am impatient and determined. A little OCD but that is a whole 'nother story. So share your opinions, tell me I am crazy. Remind me that I am already hot and that a haircut won't make any difference! Just do it now because if you take too long I might try to sexify my hair myself; in the tub with $5 shears that we use to hack Jacks mop off. Don't tempt me, it wouldn't be the first time!

5 comments:

Espresso Mom said...

So, first of all, I LOVE your hair. But I am all about changing it up all the time. Amy is coming to the house to cut my hair next Tuesday, and I'm sure she'd be up for cutting yours too. If you want me to talk to her, let me know. Call me tomorrow or shoot me an email. Oh, and the second cut is adorable!

Shanna said...

I have a gift card for Mario so I'm gonna use that. Plus I cannot take off any time from work right now. But I do want to have Amy cut my hair some time, she always has the best style and I really trust her. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Shanna, shanna, change is good and I love love the curly one. remember though you have veryyyyy thick hair to work with, you lucky girl you....Please do NOT cut it yourself. let the pros do it ok? Dont be like me and whack away in frustration...Also a 1920,s style would look wonderful on you...Go go for it sweetie and then send a pic....love you, your grammi..

Anonymous said...

Shanna......Did you get your hair cut???????did ya????? gram

Espresso Mom said...

Well?! You're killing me over here! Update! Update!