The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Monday, July 21, 2008

Dum, Dum, Duuummmmmm...

I have made the appointment! The drama unfolds tonight at 8pm (and yes, I am getting my hair cut as late as possible to hopefully avoid styling it tomorrow!!) I know, you are all just salivating onto your keyboards but you will just have to wait until tomorrow. Later tonight if the cut goes well and I just cannot wait to share it with the world. Maybe never if I mysteriously walk in wearing my cute city shorts and unmom shoes and come out with token mom hair and stonewashed, tapered jeans with Sketchers.

Say your prayers, people. I want Hail Mary's and Our Father's and Rosaries to be clutched, the works. I am not one for drastic changes, at least not in the appearance category. I tend to stay pretty neutral so this is a bit out of my comfort zone. And for those of you who knew me during the traumatic pixie cut during the summer of '98, you will understand my fears.

But in other haircut related news, my darling husband is now sporting a mohawk! I know... but it's kinda hot!! Not redneck-y at all, more Red Hot Chili Peppers than REO Speedwagon. For those of you who are reality show junkies like me, it somehow reminds me of Dean McDermott of Tori and Dean. A little scruffy, a little dangerous and a lot sexy! I am not sure how long I will like his new 'do, and I don't know if he likes it enough to keep it; but for now it works. Now if only I have time to shave my legs and I come home with a fantastic, trendy, slimming, non-mom haircut we might have a night ahead of us!!

No comments: