The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Joyous News

I suppose I should have posted this before my rant about strollers but whatever. My girlfriend Jessi and her hubs Micky (both super people totally worthy of their new title) are now parents! Their son Weylin was born May 27th at 7:36pm. He is super cute at a totally respectable weight of 6 lbs 12 oz and 21 in. I am so happy for them. This has been a long time coming. They have been dealt some crappy cards in their lives and have really become better people, something most of us cannot say about ourselves. And frankly, in my book they have been parents for a couple years now but fate dealt them a shitty blow and they missed the opportunity to raise their daughter. But!! they have the chance now to enjoy their new family.

I must say c-section babies are way cuter than natural delivery kids, sorry Jack! Weylin came out with a totally normal shaped head and everything! He is one stinkin' cute kid, but the genes are good so I didn't expect anything else. I just cannot wait to see him grow and change, his momma has become a pretty cool adult so he's got some good role models (Daddy's allright too ;) ) The next couple years are going to be really fun for all of us and I promise to not let Jack teach Weylin any bad words! We've been working on eradicating them from his vocabulary too.

Welcome to the world little man, I love your momma very much. Your mommy and daddy love you more than you will ever know and there are lots more of us who have loved you since the moment we first got that phone call. Your world will be filled with lots of crazies but they mean well. If you ever need a break just tell your mom you want to go for a drive. She and I used to prefer random roads in Wisconsin, they seemed better suited to clearing our heads. Happy Birthday Weylin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!! I hadnt checked here for awhile as you werent posting. Checked in here and wow lots of stuff. Loved the pics and took them for my own. I love that I can do that. Glad to see you posting again...Ill check everyday now...grammi