The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Friday, May 30, 2008

I truly am Fabulous!

So, as I explained here, I have been determined to find a jogging stroller and also a double stroller. I really wanted one that encompassed both features but I do have priorities, and I am sorry but spending $400+ for a freaking stroller does not rank high on my list. BUT! I have been looking online, both for used and for cheaper versions. I found 2 double joggers for around $180. That was still more than I wanted to spend so I decided to wait. However, today I went to Baby Depot during my lunch break and found a great jogging stroller (a single but really nice) and side by side double stroller. And, the best part... I am super shopper extraordinaire!! I got both strollers for $100ish. The double was marked down to $39. But the only one that they had left was the floor model. Now mind you, this floor model was still in great condition and not missing any parts, but I am a savy shopper. After a whole explanation to the sales clerk about the wear and tear that occurs with a floor model they agreed to give it to me for 10% off (that 10% off of a stroller already marked down from over $100 to $39!!). That is right, I got a new double stroller for less than I could find a beat up used one. Then! Then, I look into the jogging strollers and find one with all the same features as the pricey ones with the exception of a kids snack tray on front (but can you imagine how fast that sippy cup and those Cherrios would fly out while jogging?!) for $59 bucks!! Holy freakin' cow! I am a shopping mastermind!

I am so stoked to use the jogging stroller. I even got an armband and new earphones for my Ipod so that I will officially be the trendiest, cutest, most in shape mom in my neighborhood! Really I swear! I worked out for like an hour or so last night and it felt great (except that I won't work out that close to bedtime anymore because I could not wind down afterwards, my brain was going a mile a minute). I used the Gazelle for a while, and yes I do have a baseball cap with a crimped blond ponytail a la Tony Little, then I did some cardio and yoga. It was so motivating. Now if only I could figure out how to get my coordination back I would be all set. I had to stop multiple times because I was moving my feet and hands all wrong and getting completely off balance. It was interesting but still GREAT! Have I said great enough yet?

I plan to get up right away this weekend and go for a jog in the morning. Also, I think I will use the Gazelle right away when I get home during the week. Josh doesn't get home until almost 6:30 and then he likes to shower anyway so that gives me over a half an hour to work out. Assuming Jack leaves me in peace, yeah right but a girl can dream. Maybe my excitement will rub off on Josh and he will use the Ipod for more than just playing games in bed. I'll try to bribe him with Led Zepplin downloads!

On a totally unrelated note, Dani and Mom and I are going to see Sex and the City tonight and I am super excited! Although, I am just not the same viewer that I was when it was on the air. Back then I loved the fashion and the shoes and thought their lives were relatively realistic. Now... all I can think of is how I couldn't wear that because my bra strap would show or my Spanks would be too uncomfortable. I still love the shoes, but their lives, yeah right! On what planet could they function the way they do? I mean really, Miranda has a kid yet somehow she is still out multiple times a week with the girls at clubs or fancy restaurants in super cute clothes and into the wee hours. Do you know how much a babysitter costs these days? And you need reservations like years in advance to get into some of those places in New York. They are not exactly boozin' it up and then hitting the all night Chinese joint. But I will continue to live vicariously through them and be all "woe is me" about my life and the lack of trendy sushi bars in Libertyville. However, I know there is a wedding in the movie and I am sure that mine was better. I mean, how do you top a drunk chick getting arrested for beating the staff and peeing on the front lawn? It really was a lavish, elegant and sophisticated soiree!

Anyhoo, I must go back to work now so I don't get fired and then I'd really be in the crapper! Enjoy your weekends everybody!

2 comments:

Espresso Mom said...

tee-hee. you said crimped blonde ponytail AND spanks.

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the tremendous buy on strollers....You even had me looking for them, hahahah. Just dont forget about the child in the stroller when your jogging down the sidewalk. he may have different ideas...teehee...You go girl!!!!!Your fab grammi...xxxxx