The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tales of a pauper

I am beyond frustrated right now! I have been looking for a double stroller for a little while now. My sister in law comes to Chicago pretty frequently with her son and it just makes sense to have one stroller for both Jack and Owen. However, I would really prefer to have a kinda nice, but still used, stoller so that when I do get around to having another kid I don't have to shell out a ton of money. So, I found a really nice double jogging stoller on Craigslist for $1. Now the stoller retails for about $500 so I had a feeling that the $1 price tag was wrong but when the guy told me on the phone that it was $50 that sounded reasonable. I told him I would come by to pick it up. Granted, I did feel like I was getting a really great deal but it didn't seem that far fetched. But, when Josh and I showed up to get our great new stroller, after a whole demonstration on how it works and lots of gushing over how great it is, we said that we would take it. So then he dropped the bomb, "that'll be $450." WHAT?! $450 for a used, dirty stroller that you have already replaced? Are you out of your freaking mind?! "Well it costs like $600 in the store." (LIAR!) Needless to say we did not get our great stroller, but we did get a nice dose of reality. Some people just live differently than we do. I mean, they had already purchased their $1,000 triple stroller and hated to part with their double jogger but it was just sitting there collecting dust. GGGGGRRRRRR! So now that I fell in love with the super maneuverable, super cute, double jogger my heart is set on one. However, I don't have to have that brand or whatever. I am currently working on finding a much cheaper, used imitation of the super fab stroller that I fell in love with. And trust me, I know that I don't have two kids yet, and I know that it will only be used on occasion until I do. But it was so convenient, and it would mean I would be less likely to shell out $400+ when I do have two kids. And maybe I will actually get off my butt and jog with it!! I know, this really is an amazing stroller, capable of working miracles. So, keep your eyes peeled people, we are on a mission. Find a great double jogging stroller for under $100. Oh and I need to find an up to code, used crib for under $30 for Jen when she comes home. Wish me luck, I hope that the shopping Gods are smiling upon me because I will not rest until I have my stroller. I know, stubborn... I have no idea where I get that from!

1 comment:

Espresso Mom said...

Ok, I have a double stroller, but it's not the "bells and whistles" jogger that you now have on your wish list. It's a sit and stand and in great shape. Even if you just want to borrow it when your friend comes into town.