The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Friday, March 7, 2008

Baby Steps

So having Owen in town seems to be really good for Jack. Last night he ate dinner at my moms before I picked him up and then he ate a ton of food at Lynn and Jims also! He had a huge piece of sausage pizza (yummy!!), a chocolate covered brownie and half an eclaire. Plus he has not drank out of a regular bottle in over a week, it has been sippy cups and big boy cups. Granted the sippy cups he uses most often are very bottle-like but it is an improvement none the less. Plus last night he used a big boy sippy cup that does not have a rubber bottle like nipple. We are really moving. It is like he turned two and suddenly it was time to progress. I'm liking it!

He was also so energetic last night. It was so funny, he was bouncing off the walls. It was really nice because he took to Howard right away. Last time he never really warmed up to him, so I was so happy to see him excited to see him. They had a blast playing with the dump truck. I love having our family here, we all really miss them when they go back to Colorado. It is hard not having the boys together all the time. Owen is so cute, I wish they lived closer. I am excited to move to Colorado in the future but I know that it will be really hard for me to leave my family.

3 comments:

suz said...

jacks off the wall stuff.....could that have been the brownie and half an eclair? Sugar high, id say. Has gramma got a potty chair yet? Its about time for that too...
I dont even want to hear about your moving away...Your far enough now!!!!No No nO!!!!!

Shanna said...

We have a potty chair at our house but mom doesn't have one yet. It will be a little while still for that. He has had some intro to the potty but he doesn't quite understand the logistics of it all yet.

suz said...

I used to read to roo while she sat there. Her favorite book was A WOCKET IN MY POCET. When she was successful, Id make a big deal of it....Maybe allowing him in the bathroom while you go is a good way....Not the Josh thing yet. That might be scary.hahahahaha.