The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow!? What the @#$%?!

Gggggrrrrrr! I am just going to pretend like it is not happening. In my little world it is spring, there is not snow on the ground it is fluffy white cotton! It is not gray and dreary, instead it is just an homage to the spring fashion color palate! The plow trucks are actually large machines prepping the roads for the heavy holiday traffic. Clearly you are all mistaken in thinking that we are having another winter storm. Today I am wearing a bright spring green top and cute patent leather black flats. This is not a problem because there. is. no. snow.

I am looking forward to carrying an umbrella and wearing cute rain boots! Jackson's rain jacket is adorable, he has it in navy with buckles and yellow with buckles, he looks like Paddington the Bear! I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...

Soon we will have tulips and GREEN! It has been so long since we have had green and sun! I cannot wait to go back to the Botanic Gardens near our home, it is such a fun way to celebrate the changing of the seasons. Plus Jack is a little older this year and so we will probably get some great pics and have so much fun. I am thinking that we will plan a trip there next month some time.

Soon we will be able to take walks around the neighborhood and go play at the park. We will start doing outdoor activities on the weekends and maybe I will start jogging (ambitious, I know, but it could happen!). Josh will be able to teach Jack to throw a ball, so far he is a little uncoordinated... Owen throws a ball much better than Jack. But practice makes perfect and up until now we never really tried to play catch with Jack. So I know that they will have fun doing outdoor sports stuff.

Spring, spring, spring! Yellow, Pink, Blue, Green! Flowers and Bugs! Hooray! We got a kite with bugs on it the other day at the store and I have been itching to go and fly it. We have a huge field behind our house that is too overgrown in the summer to play in but semifrozen ground might be the perfect time. If not our park has a huge field and baseball diamonds that we could fly our kite in.

Thats all for now, Happy Easter! Happy Spring! Goodbye snow and winter!

1 comment:

suz said...

Ahhhh Shan, I love your optimistic outlook. There are a few robins out in the yard this am and their song will bring thoughts of fishing, mowing, gardening, flowers. Ah yes, it will soon come. I will expect our backyard campground to be a part of your summer artinerary. And pictures. yes I will expect lots of pictures of that sweet boy....later love