The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Monday, March 24, 2008

He is getting sooo big!!

This will be a really quick post about our weekend. First off, my little baby is getting so big! He can say just about anything now, including "I love you" !!!!!!! And he is just tall and wearing boy clothes, not baby clothes. There was just something about him this weekend that made me realize we are out of the baby phase. He is a kid now, barely even classified as a toddler! It is just breathtaking to watch him evolve into this little person who has manners and opinions. The last two years seemed to just dissapear like sand through my fingers. I am so thankful that I have kept so many memories from this time, down to special occasion cards. I have tons of pictures and someday I will print off more of them to put into albums. The time goes by so fast.

Easter was a lot of fun. Jack totally caught on to the Easter Bunny thing. He ran around the house hunting for his basket and just being goofy. And he was genuinly excited each time he found something else. He was a trooper all through the Sunday festivities, his schedule was completely off but we managed with only a few minor meltdowns. Overall it was just a really nice weekend. Snow on the ground but lots of sun in the sky!

We are supposed to get a little more snow but I am just praying that it will skip us and we will warm up and enter spring. It can't go on like this forever. Well, I will post again soon with a bunch of up to date pictures. Until then enjoy your day! I am making Chicken Burritos for dinner, yummy!

3 comments:

suz said...

Sorry babe. I was suffering from a nuisense headache all day. Better now tho. Yes time does fly with little ones. Thats whay I tell new moms to enjoy it. before you know it you will be sending him off to school...WAHHHHHHH! My only regret is that I live 4 hours away so I miss out on some of it. remember love, you are not raising a child. Ypou are raising a child into an adult. Everything you do now will make him who he will be later. Take care that these are good things and teaching things. I wish I had been smarter when raising mine...Robins are out and about....Love you too pieces, grammi

Shanna said...

wgcyIt is so amazing to see how much he is absorbing, he put his own snow boots on all by himself lastnight! Geez, and when he meets a new person (if he is not being shy) he will shake their hand and say "nice to meet you"!! My heart just melts!

suz said...

I just bought two new books for Jacks drawer here at my house. Hopefully by the time he comes here it will have lots of fun stuff in it....Sure looking forward to that!