The ins and outs of life as a working mom

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Carrot Mint Puke & Missing Ironing Boards

Well, Jackson has never been one to shy away from vomiting and last night was no exception. We have been trying to feed him anything and everything that he wants in an effort to put some weight on him. So last night, after he had already eaten dinner, he had a bunch of carrots, scalloped potatoes and then an entire piece of irish mint and chocolate cake. A great combination, I know! So, come bed time he would not settle down so I told him I was going to leave the room for a minute. I was really only going to fill his sippy cup but he had a meltdown. He cried for less than 2 minutes but apparently the strange combination plus imminent desertion was too much for him to handle. Needless to say he threw up over his bed. Multicolored, nasty, puke. GREEN and BLACK to be exact. Gross. So we had to strip the bed and give him a bath then start over with the bedtime routine. And now his covers are not coming clean.

And today has not been much of an improvement. I somehow lost our ironing board. I mean it is totally gone. How do you lose an ironing board?! I mean it is not exactly an item that is easily misplaced, we don't take it on vacation with us or on a quick trip up the block. It pretty much just stays in the laundy room. Perhaps there is some mysterious ironing board bandit roaming the streets of Mundelein looking for his next fix. Seriously, how does this stuff happen to me? It is not as though our home is so large that we have multiple rooms to store our missing items. Has anyone else lost a large item, a coffee maker or even a television perhaps?

2 comments:

suz said...

Oh where to start. being Great nana, I feel I should put in my two cents. Im afraid your trying to hard to get him to eat more. Please remember the size of his little tummy. Its probably the size of Joshes fist. Give it an hour after he eats to feed him something else, try to make it something healthy too so hes not getting empty calories. Now as to the missing ironing board. if you have snow perhaps someone stole it to use as a snowboard....Someone large....Look under your bed or in the frig. I often find missing things in those places and I put them there myself....Thats a standing joke around here when things come up missing...Suz, did ya look in the frig? NOT FUNNY!!!!!!

Shanna said...

It was well over an hour after dinner that he ate again. And we really are not trying that hard to get him to eat more, but when he asks for food we let him have it. Obviously we have some restictions and his main meals each day are all healthy. So I don't worry about him having cake, especially b/c we usually cannot force him to eat dessert he would much prefer veggies hence the carrots. And that ironing board is going to drive me crazy, but definetly not in the fridge!